Today’s article will be dedicated to the Mediterranean diet. I will tell about what its genesis, in which products is rich, why is it so popular with the authorities and with what conditions helps to improve quality of life. It will be a looong text, but I’m convinced that so valuable, that you will forgive me its volume and read it to the end. This article should become for you a foundation of knowledge about healthy nutrition, because it is the Mediterranean diet provides a starting point for any modifications in the menu.
Mediterranean restaurants shakshuka is idea for a delicious breakfast from one of the pot. Adequately seasoned with aromatic spices and herbs will surprise everyone.
Your breakfast does not have to be monotonous. Simply that you combine eggs with vegetables: onion, Eggplant and tomatoes and prepare delicious shakshukę-fried eggs in vegetable sauce.
The genesis of the Mediterranean diet
Food culture in the Mediterranean countries is extremely rich. Dating back to the distant antiquity and developed over the centuries, on the basis of the experience of people living there. It was only in the second half of the twentieth century defined assumptions of this model. The father of the Mediterranean diet is considered Dr. Ancel’s keys a and its examination of the relationship between the consumption of different types of fats, and maturity on cardiovascular disease. It is worth noting that the period in which the observed diet men from different cohorts in the years just after World War II, which directly reflected on how nutrition subjects.
It is not without reason that initially the Mediterranean diet was known as the diet of the poor. Dominated in the easily accessible plants, raw cereals, pods and popular in those parts of the fish and olive oil as the main source of fat. When Dr. a. Keys in the late 70 ‘s, published the results of their research, they were not very popular.
The Mediterranean diet has gained in importance only in 1993, when scientists began to carefully analyse the results of existing research. The result of their work was the construction of the principles of nutrition in the Mediterranean model and graphic illustration of these assumptions in the form of Mediterranean food pyramid. In later years, requests have a few minor modifications.
Mediterranean diet Rules
In the Mediterranean diet, vegetable fats containing unsaturated fatty acids (oils, oil, nuts, fish) are used and avoids saturated fats (butter, lard, oily meat, eggs). It is recommended to avoid sweets, white bread, sweetened drinks, oily meat and semi-finished products.
- Bread – dark, with high fiber content.
- Meat – lean, predominantly Poultry. Red meat is replaced by seafood and fatty sea fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Dairy products and eggs in moderate Quantities.
- Small amounts of alcohol, mainly red Wine.
- Menu Mediterranean Diet
- Here is a sample menu that can be used during the week of applying a slimming diet.
- Breakfast: Chicken sandwich: Slice wholemeal bread, spoon of margarine, 2 slices of chicken ham, leaves of lettuce, ½ of medium tomato, glass of fruit juice, preferably fresh – if not, it is tea or fruit tea.
- Second breakfast: yogurt with nuts: natural yoghurt 150 g, A handful of hazelnuts 30 g, a cup of green Tea.
- Dinner: grilled fish with salad: fillet of Pollack 150 g, dill, lettuce leaves, tomato, teaspoon of olive oil and wine vinegar, salt, Lemon.
- Dinner: Vegetables with Noodles.
- Breakfast: 2 slices of rye bread with soy and sunflower seeds, greased with low margarine, smoked salmon, tomato salad and onions.
- Lunch: skinny cottage cheese.
- Lunch: 1 bowl of soup mushroom cooked on włoszczyźnie with a little olive oil, cod baked in foil, 3 tablespoons boiled potatoes, salad with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Afternoon snack: 1 cup lean curdled milk, 1 cup of seasonal fruit, for example. raspberries, blackberries, strawberries.
- Dinner: salad of tomato and cucumber, cooked couscous, 2 slices ham, beef.
The Mediterranean diet-one of the healthiest diets in the world!
The Mediterranean diet is one of the most favourable for health diet. Every year in the rankings of healthiest diets in the world the Mediterranean diet is high. Without any contraindications can be used throughout life. Has a positive effect on the cardiovascular system, lowers the risk of cardiovascular diseases, and reduces the likelihood of cancer. Provides the right amount of energy, fat, fiber and many vitamins and minerals. Here’s some sample, five-day menu based on assumptions.
Mediterranean diet weight loss
Some fear the use of the Mediterranean diet as a means to lose weight, because it contains large amounts of olive oil and nuts. These are the caloric products and rich in fats. If you want to lose weight you need to create an energy deficit, but studies show that calorie Mediterranean diet compared to a low-fat, low-calorie diet will give you much better results in weight loss.