Few people are aware of the differences between hunger and appetite. Distinguish between these two phenomena turns out to be a bit problematic, however, is particularly important for the prevention of overweight and obesity. Once we understand the difference between hunger and appetite, you may want to learn to deal with of the latter. Without a doubt it will bring a lot of benefits for the body. Learn how to learn to fight with the longings and what to do to accompany us as infrequently as possible.
What is hunger?
Hunger, otherwise known as the craving, is a physiological feeling that arises in the brain, and more specifically in the part called the hypothalamus. For the feeling of hunger is the responsibility of the hormone ghrelin. The feeling of hunger occurs when in the body decreases the concentration of one of the nutrients, namely protein, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins or minerals.
The emergence of feelings of hunger means that the digestive system is the right amount of enzymes that are ready for acceptance, processing, and distribution of new nutrients to the cells. If there is a disorder of secretion of ghrelin, is very likely an instance of overweight, and even obesity. This hormone may activate the feeling of hunger, then ill feel constant hunger.
What is also particularly important, starvation is not a suitable method to get rid of the extra pounds. A starvation diet, it is true, causes weight loss, but also slows down the metabolism. I was starving the body begins to reach for energy stocks, and eventually consumes them until the end, which in the longer term, adversely affect the body, and can even lead to death.
What is your appetite?
Appetite is a sudden desire to eat the product. It can also be called “the taste of something” or. Its formation is not linked to any physiological needs, however, is conditional on psychologically. This is what the appetite is responsible for consuming food when the body does not need it.
There are many factors that can affect the appearance and increase in appetite, for example. smell appetizing-looking dish, a desire to suppress negative emotions or simple boredom. No matter what causes it, it is because of yielding him the body pushes the extra calories as fat.
If you are fighting with continuous appetite then go to https://fitmethai.com/ and find the appropriate supplement for you that will help in this problem.
How to distinguish hunger from the appetite?
In the prevention of obesity and overweight, particularly important is the ability to distinguish hunger from the appetite. Unfortunately, this is extremely problematic. The easiest way to learn by observation of the body and an analysis of their own behavior.
However, there are some differences between hunger and appetite, here are a few:
- Starvation usually occurs about 2 – 3 hours after a meal, while the appetite is suddenly occurring, even a few minutes after ingestion,
- Hunger can tease us for a prolonged period, we do not feel forced to eat immediately, but the appetite demands a rapid satisfaction,
- What is particularly important, the hunger does not get us suddenly, but gradually grows, and the appetite on the contrary,
- Hunger manifests as visible physical symptoms such as gurgling in the abdomen, intestinal cramps, malaise or irritability. These symptoms disappear immediately after eating and in addition there is a feeling of satisfaction and calm,
- The feeling of hunger may be the result of a hormone disorder,
- The appetite usually affects the selected product, mainly sweet, salty or oily, usually also unhealthy,
- The appetite for the product is usually influenced by odor or, for example, by We see someone eating or hear somebody talking about food,
- Appetite is very often the result of mood disorders or depression,
The appetite does not give physical symptoms and does not disappear despite the feeling of satiety, and after its satisfaction, we often feel “przejedzeni” and embraces US guilt.
It is worth learning to differentiate hunger from the usual appetite for the product. This is particularly helpful in preventing overweight and obesity, which unfortunately are becoming more common and lead to many health complications.
Easy ways to reduce appetite
Even if we manage to distinguish hunger from appetite, unfortunately very difficult to refrain from meet this second phenomenon. However, there are a few simple ways that may prove helpful in the fight against unwanted bingeing, here are a few of them:
- try to choose products with low and medium glycemic index (> 70), mostly raw vegetables, unprocessed fruit, wholegrain cereals,
- pay attention to the basis of the diet consisted of fruit and vegetables,
- avoid products containing a large amount of additives such as preservatives, sweeteners, impeller conditioners and colouring agents,
- Choose foods with a high content of fibre, which fills our stomach and provides a feeling of satiety for longer. Consume a minimum of 25 g of fiber per day,
- reach when products such as onions, garlic, Bran, peas or beans, because they are an excellent source of zinc, which helps fight cravings for sweets,
- particularly relevant are also rich in chromium, such as pears, dates, broccoli, egg yolks, beef or lamb, chrome corresponds to in fact be correct blood glucose levels, which prevents sudden seizures Wolf appetite,
- When you get a taste for something sweet, instead of chocolate, grab a healthy fruit. Unfortunately, many people, especially women before menstruation or menstruation, can not cope with this temptation, then it is worth to reach for three cubes of bitter chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa), it should not impair our silhouette,
- If you already need to get a snack during the day, try to choose the healthiest products, for example. Homemade bar Oatmeal Instead of a shop chocolate candy bar,
- Eat on small plates, then you will feel satiety faster, because we also eat your eyes. Meals on small plates appear larger than those eaten on large,
- Learn to eat slowly, carefully przeżuwaj every bite,
- Before you decide to good measure, wait 10 to 15 minutes, as you may find yourself already. This is because the brain gets information about the ingestion of food with a significant delay,
- There drink plenty of water between each meal. Reach for it even if you do not feel thirsty, small sips drink a minimum of 1.5 litres of water a day, while the body is more sweating, ie. During physical exertion or in the summer, a minimum of 2 litres of water per day,
- Do not make purchases when you are teasing you feelings of hunger, you probably yourself missed noticed that when you go shopping with an empty belly, you are buying much more food that you do not necessarily need,
- The appetite comes mainly when we get bored. When watching TV or sitting idly on the couch, in our head is born a desire to find some interesting activities, so we often choose to go to the kitchen, to take something hands. In this case, it is worth to deal with something else, eg. Go out for a walk, meet with friends, and even play cards, if to take your hands,
- Avoid stressful situations because it has been proven that feelings of stress cause lowering serotonin levels, ie. The hormone of happiness, and its lack of trying to compensate for the snacking,
- In emergencies, it is worthwhile to consult a psychologist or nutritionist who will help us find other ways to combat eating.